Monday, May 28, 2018

Life Last Week 2018-20


The weather:::
 High 70s to high 80s all week and scattered thunderstorms.

On my reading pile:::
Still working my way through A Woman of Substance also by Barbara Taylor Bradford and picked up Book 4 in the Cavendon series.  Thinking about switching to a plant-based eating plan so I checked out The Forks Over Knives Plan: How to Transition to the Life-Saving, Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet.  Much of this proposed change comes from watching What the Health on Netflix.  Of course, that will be the end of a lot of our activities that revolve around food - Whole 30 was a stretch for us, not sure if we can manage this one but we're seriously thinking about giving it a try.

On my TV:::
Still with NCIS.

Checked off the list:::
  • Cancelled most of the appointments on my calendar and just spent some time at home, thinking about the upcoming move, about our plans, about everything and nothing.  It was very relaxing.
  • Watched the Ali Edwards' Facebook Live presentation of her new travel line and had my finger on the button when the products went up for sale.  So many great items for travel albums.
  • Made a to-do list and checked about half of the items off the list mostly phone calls to make, paperwork to file, things I've been putting off finally finished.
  • Vic finally got home from Hawaii.  A delay in takeoff on one of the flight segments meant he missed a connection, didn't make the standby list, and ended up with an eight-hour layover.  It was a long day.
  • May Rudolph Day is in the bag.  Only one more until Christmas in July and then only four more until the big day!
  • Went to see Book Club at the movies.  Great cast, fun movie.
Crafts roundup:::
Loveseat on hold while Vic is traveling again.  Started my ornament for the Christmas in July swap.

And in other news:::
Last week of the month and on track with most of my goals.  Update coming on June 1st.

I love a discount but this one?  Seriously? 🤣🤣

4 comments:

  1. lol I was just reading about senior discounts. Can't remember any of them at the moment, because...you know...my memory is going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that makes it worth being a senior!! We just finished watching the whole NCIS series on Netflix a few weeks ago. We also binge watched the new season of Bosch on Amazon. We used to watch a couple of summer series on TNT, but they're gone now, so we're mainly watching the San Diego Padres play baseball. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love a good sale or discount. In fact I rarely buy anything for myself unless it is on sale! Just no need to be spending all that money! There is a Vera Bradley bag I want so much, but I refuse to spend $97.00 on a pocketbook for myself! I will wait and watch the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NCIS just isn't the same without a few of my favorites. Never have warmed to the two blonds. Loved Kate and Ziva and of course Abby. Miss Tony. We will have to see what they do next year.

    ReplyDelete