Saturday, May 26, 2018

Vic is home!

Vic's had a crazy couple of weeks - he spent a week in Maine, flew home on Friday, left Saturday for Japan, flew home the following weekend, spent one night out to sea on a local inspection the next week, and then left again Saturday for Kauai.  20 out of the last 25 days away from home, that's got to be a record for him.

It's wasn't all work in Kauai, he did get a little time for sightseeing.  Here he is at Kauai's Grand Canyon of the Pacific.



Vic also brought us some lovely gifts this trip.  These pearl and sterling silver earrings are gorgeous.  I love that they dangle a little from my ears.  There is a silver piece behind the pearl, anchoring it to the setting, that looks like a sand dollar.  Sophia has two sarongs and a pearl bracelet coming her way.

Coming home this time was not fun.  His flight from Kauai to San Francisco went without a hitch, but the flight from San Francisco to Dulles left an hour late so he missed his connection to Norfolk.  He was on standby for a noon flight that would get him home at 1pm, but there ended up being no standby seats.  United had gone ahead and confirmed him on the 5pm flight so he ended up home at just after 6pm - ugh, 24 hours of travel.

We're very much looking forward to the three day weekend.  We don't have any plans - that usually means time in the garage for Vic and reading or watching Netflix for me.  It's hot outside so I don't think we will venture too far.  We went out to our favorite brunch spot this morning and stopped at the library on the way home.  We haven't been to the library together for ages so it was fun to bring home a stack of books to browse through.


I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

  1. We always feel that this is a solemn day. My husband served in Vietnam, and many of his friends did not come home. And still more have died from Agent Orange related problems. As he is himself.
    God Bless those who have gone from this earth. And I thank them for all they did. And I pray for their souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for your husband's service and thankful that he is able to be back home for now. Enjoy every minute of it! I love those earrings. He chose well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been out of town for a week and was entertaining my 16 mo old grandson for a week before that so I'm behind on commenting, but have now caught up on reading blogs. Glad your husband made it home... finally! I'm sure he was happy to have some travel free days this weekend. The earrings are lovely.

    ReplyDelete