Monday, April 1, 2024

Hello Monday - April 1, 2024

   

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.  This is post one of three today as it's the start of the A to Z Challenge as well as Prime Purchases.

Friday morning was the usual round of chores which I quickly got out of the way as Vic was coming home early to pick me up for his medical appointment which just happened to be around the corner from our favorite mall and Chick-fil-A.  We drove around rather than taking the ferry and arrived with enough time to take care of our shopping before his appointment.

When we installed cabinets in the morning room to hold our books and scrapbook albums, we found the floor to be uneven, so we had to buy levelers for each cabinet.  As we now have purchased two more cabinets for the other side of the room, I ordered more levelers.  It turns out that the floor on one side is uneven, but the other side is fine!  So, our first stop was to return the levelers to Rockler for a refund.

Next stop, The Container Store.  I had the guest room closet designed by their Elfa team - you send the measurements and your desired components (shelves, drawers, hanging rods) and they put it all together.


Guest room design - the great thing about Elfa is that you can move the configuration quite easily

I had two drawers left over from the last closet we Elfa'd so I only needed two for the new design.  When they arrived, they were completely different from the ones I already had, I guess I wasn't paying attention, so I returned the two I had and picked up two that were the right size.  Then one hanging rod was 3/4 of an inch too short so they took care of that as well.  With the refund from the difference in the price of the drawers, we did a little shopping - a collapsible water bowl for Malone, a poop bag holder for his leash, and a set of Oxo Pop containers for his snacks.

That accomplished, we headed to Vic's appointment and when that was over, we couldn't drive by the Cheesecake Factory without stopping by for a treat to go!  We headed to Chick-fil-A for a couple of sandwiches which we ate on the ferry ride home.  It was a busy afternoon.

Saturday morning, I cleaned the stove - my life is SO exciting!  I took apart the grill and burners and gave them a good going over.  While I was doing this, Vic was taking a proctored electronics assessment for Boeing.  He passed so we'll see what happens next.  Once that was finished, he worked some more on the guest room while I scheduled some blog posts.  I put chicken in the CrockPot in the morning, so we ate with Grey's Anatomy and went to bed early.

Up with the chickens on Sunday, 4:30am!   We wanted to be out of the house at 5:30am to make the 6:30am ferry so we could help Sophia move.

Malone on the ferry

It took three trips - one for the mattress and box springs, one for the couch, and one more to put the tonneau cover back on Vic's truck.  He also helped her roommate load her truck so she could drop some things at her aunt's house.  Sophia's new apartment is cute, in the historic area so she can walk to all sorts of fun coffee shops, restaurants, bookstores, and the dog-friendly beer garden.  We ended up catching the 4:45pm ferry and we were home just after 6:00pm.  Time to polish off this post, eat dinner, and call it a night.


It was a beautiful day for a drive up north


A little worse for wear after a busy day but they were still smiling

And that was our weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fun and busy weekend! I didn't know that you had to take a ferry to go places, and now I'm wondering where you live. You should tell us about your home town someday! Sophia's new area sounds like a perfect one for a young lady. I'm sure she'll love being within walking distance to so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete