After freezing temperatures that closed the military bases to all but essential personnel on Monday, put everyone on a three hour delay on Tuesday, and returned things to just about normal on Wednesday, it was 70 degrees on Thursday! WHAT?? Yep, that's crazy Virginia weather. The temperatures over the weekend have been cold but not as cold as last weekend. The week ahead ranges from the high 40s to the low 60s.
On my reading pile:::
As I started the first of my Christmas books, To Everything a Season (Song of Blessing, Book 1) by Lauraine Snelling, some of the things didn't sit quite right so I checked out the previous series and realized I hadn't read the last two books. No wonder I couldn't figure out the relationships and the timeline. So, it's back to the drawing board and Home to Blessing Books 2 and 3 before I can start on my new ones. More to read, always a good thing!
On my TV:::
Still working our way through Newhart. Loved Victoria last night and happy to see that Mercy Street Season 2 is coming. There's one more Great British Bake Off episode to watch as well.
On the menu for this week:::
Menu planning was Thursday through Wednesday but I've decided to switch that back to a regular week of planning. Here's what we have coming up:
- Monday - Shrimp, Snow Pea, and Shiitake Stir Fry*
- Tuesday - Grilled Chicken with Skillet Mushrooms and Greens*
- Wednesday - One-Pan Herb-Crusted Roasted Salmon with Roasted Broccoli Steaks*
- Thursday - Thai Coconut Chicken Soup*
- Friday - Grilled Flank Steak with Baked Potatoes and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Saturday - Nigella Lawson's One-Pan Sage-and-Onion Chicken and Sausage
- Sunday - Leftovers
*New recipes to try from the Whole 30 Cookbook.
On my to-do list:::
- Follow up on Military Spouse Priority Placement Program Package - mailed last week; I hope the placement office will acknowledge my email so I know they received the documents. The office here is a lot less friendly and helpful than they were in Washington.
- Still debating - File damage claim from our recent move or not.
- Still sorting through the boxes that are not unpacked.
- Reschedule car appointment - when I got it back from the service last week, the rear door wouldn't open.
- Clean up my planner and do some advance planning.
Nothing although I really wish I could knit some of the designs I'll be sharing in tomorrow's If this is Tuesday, it must be England post.
Looking around the house:::
There are five boxes of documents Vic and I need to go through - didn't have time before we left Washington and I know we brought a lot of papers we do not need any longer.
From the camera:::
Game Night on Friday - Vic was the Phase 10 champion!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Stacks - the photo on the left is from the Whole 30 cookbook, on the right is our version for Saturday breakfast - looks to me like one of those classic Pinterest FAIL photos! LOL, it had a lot to do with Vic wanting a fried egg instead of a poached one, and said fried egg sticking horribly to the pan. It may have looked like a disaster on a plate but it was delicious!
What I'm wearing today:::
Fleece and velour - no change in the temperatures in the house. Historic house = drafty!
Bible Verse, Devotional:::
|Photo courtesy of http://aboutmartinlutherking.com/|