Monday, January 30, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 1/30/2017


The weather:::
Our crazy temperatures continue - 59 degrees on Wednesday, 39 on Friday.  Is spring coming or are we slipping further into winter?

On my reading pile:::
Still working my way through No Distance Too Far by Lauraine Snelling (Home to Blessing Book 2) but I think I'm going to go back to Book 1.  I'm just not following the ins and outs of who's who and where they are in the story.  I think it's been too long since I read Book 1.  I also ordered Dear Bob and Sue from Amazon - just flipped through the first few pages and it's hilarious.  I know I'm going to enjoy this one.

On my TV:::
Mercy Street, Victoria, and the Great British Baking Show (Seasons 1 through 3).  Didn't even get House of Eliott started - will save that for Vic's next trip.

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Chicken Korma (adapted from this Lamb Korma recipe)
Tuesday - One-Pan Herb-Crusted Roasted Salmon with Roasted Carrots
Wednesday - Beef and Broccoli
Thursday - Nigella's One-Pan Sage-and-Onion Chicken and Sausage, Brussels Sprouts
Friday - Sunday School Class Social so it will be potluck there
Saturday - Steak, Baked Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms
Sunday - Korean-Style Short Ribs

On my to-do list:::
  • Clean the office - Vic came home a day early last week so I didn't finish up - also discovered that we have more documents than two drawers will hold so I'm removing all of the appliance warranty and manual files and converting them into a three-ring binder system.
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still have the Ornament Swap idea on the back burner - need to make templates and start cutting out the pieces.

Looking around the house:::
Empty the dishwasher, a couple of loads of laundry, vacuum.  I've been really good about picking up the clutter before we go to bed so it looks tidy.

From the camera:::
A pretty disappointing afternoon tea on Saturday.  I bought a Groupon for a new dessert cafe that had zero afternoon tea ambiance.  No tablecloths, paper napkins (the brown industrial-type you get from a paper towel dispenser), and food that was meh at best.  Cucumber slices on the sandwich were far too thick as was the pastry on the quiche and the other sandwiches were served on those small dinner rolls that you buy at the grocery store.  No jam or cream for the scones (they had icing on them so I guess they felt jam and cream were not necessary); the other sweet items were just mini versions of what was offered at the cafe.  It was ok for the Groupon price but full price would have been ridiculous.  We won't go back there.


Something fun to share:::
Tea Time Magazine - I absolutely love it!  The recipes, the table settings, gorgeous.  I love that china on the cover, it's called Love Story by Mikasa.


What I'm wearing today:::
Black pants, white long-sleeved shirt, my Grand Canyon scarf, and a grey cardigan.  I'm off shortly to run some errands..

Bible Verse, Devotional:::
The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. (2 Chronicles 16:9)

5 comments:

  1. This was fun to read. The Tea Time magazine cover looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your Tea time wasn't the best. Love the looks of that magazine! Have a great week :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the tea would have upset me as well, I'm so sorry you had that experience :(

    Your menu sounds amazing, and yup, our tv list is almost identical hahah

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your menu sounds seriously interesting. So sorry about your disappointing tea time. There is just something so civilized about a proper tea time. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That afternoon tea sounds dreadful, how disappointing for you.

    ReplyDelete