Tuesday, January 10, 2017

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #49


Cononley, near Skipton, Yorkshire Dales

It's no secret to anyone who reads my blog that the Yorkshire Dales hold a special place in my heart.  I can't remember when I first came across the Throstle Nest Farm Bed and Breakfast, but I saved the link and some photos for future reference, hopefully for an overnight stay someday.


This photo, however, was on their Facebook page and with all the snow on the ground here at home, I thought it really was the most picturesque scene.  Imagine bundling up and walking down this lane and then returning for a steaming cup of tea and a scone.  Ah, that's my idea of heaven.


In case you are as curious as I was, throstle is a old-fashioned term for a song thrush, rather like this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment