Monday, January 23, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 1/23/2017


The weather:::
Drizzly rain yesterday and more of the same today.  Temperatures are up and down this week, from the high 40s to the mid 60s.

On my reading pile:::
Still working my way through No Distance Too Far by Lauraine Snelling (Home to Blessing Book) although I've been a little distracted by some new cookbooks.  More on those in my end of the month review.

On my TV:::
Mercy Street, Victoria, and I'm starting The House of Eliot while Vic is gone.  It's the story of two sisters who go from having wealth and privilege to having nothing but a passion for fashion design.  It's been years since I've watched it.

On the menu for this week:::
It's just me until Friday so meals are pretty skimpy.  I made a huge batch of Wendy's Chili - The Whole 30 version - and there's some leftover steak.  Friday night will be Chinese food to celebrate Vic's return and then I have to come up with something creative for the weekend.  We didn't end up making the Thai Coconut Chicken Soup so that's probably dinner on Saturday and since we loved the One-Pan Herb-Crusted Roasted Salmon that will do for Sunday but I'll serve it with steamed broccoli as the roasted broccoli wasn't really a success.



On my to-do list:::
  • Clean the office - we bought a lateral file cabinet and it's my goal to get these boxes of documents sorted and filed by Friday.
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing but an idea for a Christmas ornament swap I am going to participate in this summer with the ladies from the Magical Holiday Home Forums.  I think I've settled on the final idea.  Little does Vic know that his time at the ornament factory is about to begin!

Looking around the house:::
It's too quiet.  I really miss Vic when he's gone.  Thank goodness these are only short trips in his new job and none of the six or seven month deployments.

From the camera:::
The organized linen closet - I tackled that last week and am very pleased with the outcome.  


Something fun to share:::


Goodies for Valentine's Day.  I picked up the towels and cheese set at Home Goods and the floating candles and Love ornament at Michael's this weekend.  It's time to decorate.  The little Christmas ball says Sophia - couldn't pass it up at 80% off.

What I'm wearing today:::
Fleece and velour as usual.

Bible Verse, Devotional:::
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. (1 Chronicles 16:9)

8 comments:

  1. I love Chris Tomlin. Thanks for sharing this song today! Have a great week :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Tomlin is so good!!! That Thai coconut soup sounds so yummy. Is that the same as Tom Kha soup?
    Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture of organizing reminds me just how far I've let things slide around here. Time to start some new projects I think. Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you please come and organize my linen closet? Wow! I am going to refer to your photo for inspiration. The Thai coconut soup sounds delicious too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A most fun post and I love an organized closet! I'm an organizational freak! :o)) Blessings for a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow now that is an organized linen closet. one of the items on my to do list. and your valentine goodies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete