Sunday, March 10, 2024

10 on the 10th - March 2024

 

Thank you, Joanne, for the reminder that it's time for 10 on the 10th with Marsha over at Marsha in the Middle.  Here we go with 10 of my favorite green things.

1.  Any countryside scene in England.  This one is from Kettlewell in the Yorkshire Dales, my favorite place in the world.


2.  The beauty of our home state, Washington.  There's a reason it's called the Evergreen State.


3.  Our Christmas Tree - this one is from 2014, our first Christmas in Washington.


4.  Other touches of green at Christmas - my Christmas group did a green theme for Christmas in July one year and it was fun to see how many green things I found from a "green" and "Christmas" web search.  Here are just a few.



5.  Ireland - always associated with green and a place I would love to visit.


6.  Holly - more Christmas greenery - I took this photo through the fence at Chester Cathedral.


7.  4-H - Sophia was a member when we lived in Rhode Island.  She cared for several leased horses during our time there (not all at the same time, we had to make changes when one was sold) for her Horse Project, competed in the 4-H horse shows, and turned her passion into a lifelong learning experience.



8.  Whole Foods, my favorite grocery store - it's a bit of trek which is probably a good thing, it would break the bank to shop there every week!


9.  Starbucks - had to include my favorite coffee spot as well.


10.  It was really fun to go back through my photos to find green things and I loved Sophia in this outfit from Christmas 1998.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just love those photos with your first several and your last!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the green photos! You have some lovely ones. How did I miss that you live in Washington? I think I remember reading Washington in some of your posts but just assumed you meant DC. Your daughter is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great green things! Our countryside is pretty amazing, especially Yorkshire! What a pretty Christmas tree you had and good thinking for including Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the green of the British countryside spectacular? We went to Ireland for our honeymoon in 2001, and I'd love to return someday. I love the sweet photos of Sophia! Hope you have a great week. :) Tanya

    ReplyDelete