Friday, March 22, 2024

Friday Favorites

  



This!



And this!  Two of my favorite series coming back - Outlander in November and Downton Abbey TBD.



My third favorite today is a piece of nostalgia - an ice cream brick, does anyone remember them?  Do they make them any longer?  I don't think so.  I was fighting with the ice cream tub last night, trying to get the ice cream scoop to go around the tub without completely destroying it (the tub) when I remembered fondly the brick.  Just open it up and cut a slice.  I can remember very small bricks from the commissary as well, just enough for a single serving.  I can't remember if they came with little wooden spoons or if my Mum just carried a couple around.  We'd go to the commissary to shop, and my sister and I would enjoy a brick each on the way home.  I suppose it was a precursor to the single serve plastic tub.  Fond memories.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of those ice cream bricks anymore either. I'm excited to hear Downton will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to eat Neapolitan ice cream when I was younger. It was my dad´s favorite. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what we called it too - my grandfather's favorite!

      Delete
  3. Yea for Downton Abbey! Yes, I remember that brick of ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Downton Abbey is one of those shows that I keep meaning to watch but never get around to. I am sure I will one day.
    I don't remember ice cream bricks although they might have been called something different over here. We get choc ices which is pretty similar but on a much smaller scale. That ice cream you shown is my favourite, Neapolitan, you get the best of all the simple flavours.

    ReplyDelete