Friday, March 22, 2024

Princess of Wales Cancer Statement

 

Very sorry to read this announcement.  I share just a couple of the sentiments posted by commenters on the Facebook post from the What Kate Wore website.

Absolutely disgusting the way Kate has been treated, no one knows what a family is going through. She needed time to recover from her surgery, then after found out she has cancer. They needed time as a family, to speak to the children who are all under 11 years old. So they fully understood what was going on, before the media started reporting it. It’s really sad that Kate has had to make a video, telling the world what’s going on. Instead of coming to terms with her diagnosis, while receiving chemotherapy.  Shame on the media, and all those making up wild accusations & conspiracy theories. I wish Kate well on her cancer journey, and send strength. Hopefully now she can continue, this journey & her treatment in peace. Without all this intrusion.  Wishing her a full and speedy recovery.

 I am furious on her behalf. It is abhorrent that internet and media trolls pushed her to this point with their spiteful, unending conspiracy theories. Do they feel better now they know what she’s been coping with while they’ve been piling on. She is so gracious in the face of all this, but she should have been giving the space she asked for at the beginning. I hope people can now give this beautiful family time to heal and cope in privacy.

Heartbreaking, both about her condition and that, in my opinion, she was forced to go public about her condition. What she says in there about needing to process with the kids and that being her focus is spot on. Wishing you a full recovery, Princess!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said, Pamela! Hopefully a speedy recovery for the Princess Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Such sad news, and the media/social media was especially cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sad to hear this news today. I do pray she makes a full and private recovery. I can't even imagine going through that at her age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was taking a break from a frustrating task when I saw the news earlier today. It made me realize that my little frustration was a big fat nothing. Blessings to King Charles III and to Catherine, Princess of Wales, their family and to every person dealing with a cancer diagnosis and therapy, their families, and caregivers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so shocked and sad to see her talking about what has been happening with her on the news. I did see several videos over the past few weeks and chuckled at them about why she could have been away from the public eye and I feel awful now. I do hope she makes a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete