Monday, March 4, 2024

Hello Monday - March 4, 2024

   

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.


Hello March!  Coming up this week - Mothering Sunday on March 10 as well as Daylight Savings Time, and the A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal.  If you're not familiar with the A to Z, check it out here.

Friday was a pretty quiet day - the usual chores and scrapbooking until I ran out of the pocket pages that I'm using to hold all the photos I took at Boeing's Museum of Flight.  I had fun exploring their website and reading about all the aircraft we saw.  Their World War I and World War II gallery is really impressive.

Vic brought home Chick-fil-A for dinner, so yummy, and we continued our Grey's Anatomy marathon.
Saturday was an all-day workday in Sophia's bedroom.  Vic wiped down the walls to remove any sanding debris on Friday night and then started with the priming on Saturday morning.  He ran to Lowe's to pick up more paint and a light fixture and came home with a receipt that didn't include the light fixture!  I had to run a couple of errands, so I took the light fixture back to Lowe's to pay for it and picked up primer and yard refuse bags, as well as dropping a package at Federal Express and picking up copy paper at Staples.


I called this photo "Priming with a Smile" - those old shipboard coveralls really come in handy for painting.

While the primer dried, Vic put together another IKEA cabinet for the morning room as we've run out of space for my scrapbooks.  


That's just one pile of scrapbooks to the right of the cabinet, there were four more piles.

Off to church on Sunday morning, a quick run through Starbucks for lattes, and then home so Vic could start painting and I could do a couple of loads of laundry and arrange the scrapbooks in the new cabinet.


I binge-watched In Vlaamse Velden (In Flanders Field, English subtitles, audio in French and Flemish) on PBS this weekend, the story of family Boesman trying to survive in the city of Ghent during World War I. The story focuses on the five Boesman family members that each experience the war differently.

And that was our weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for March and being closer to spring! Great job on the priming- that piece came out beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think March is going to be a good month, there is a lot to look forward to. It sounds like Vic has been busy decorating Sophia's bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Sophia's new room. I know it will be so nice to have her home. I'm looking forward to Grace being home for about 2 months this summer. After she goes to grad school, I don't think she'll be home that long again so I will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete