Sunday, March 9, 2014

March Minimalism Game - Day Nine

Honestly, it's a wonder I can count to nine this morning!  I had to take Vic to the airport at 4:00am which meant that I got up and threw on some sweats at 3:30am which, thanks to Daylight Savings Time, was actually 2:30am!  Since it was one of those "open door, eject husband and luggage to the curb" airport trips, I figured dressing down was ok.  Thank goodness I didn't have any car trouble on the way home or that would have been me, in the snowflake fleece pants, standing by the side of the road!  Can't you tell we've been married 20+ years?  Ten years ago, I would have dressed appropriately for going out in public, parked the car, walked with husband to the ticket counter, pleaded for gate pass so I could walk all the way to the boarding gate, and shed a tear or two as he waved goodbye.  Lol, open door and eject method is so much easier!

Continuing on through the kitchen cupboards and drawers yielded this little stash of junk.


One paper tablecloth, extra medicine cups, one plastic divider for dishwasher basket (that's in the Rhode Island house dishwasher), birthday cake candles (no birthdays before we move so no use for them), one knife sharpener tool, one extra potato peeler, tiny plastic spoons from last year's Easter eggs, paint brush for painting chocolate onto previously-mentioned (and now trashed) chocolate liqueur molds, one horizontal can opener (never did get the hang of this thing!), and Christmas stocking cupcake decorative picks.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, it's so comforting to see that I am not the only one who collects odd bits of this and that...just in case.

    "Eject husband"...made me laugh out loud this morning!

    ReplyDelete