Monday, March 31, 2014

The Week Ahead - March 31

Outside my window...temperatures in the low 60s all week...is this spring at last?
 
I am thinking...about the chaos that was my first thirty-one party on Saturday.  Large, very social group, lots of loud children and two barking dogs, interesting dynamic, hope I never encounter it again.

I am thankful...that the aforementioned party yielded $661 in sales, a $165 commission for me, and that I don't have to do this for my livelihood.  I'm realizing that direct sales of this type is not my forte.

From the kitchen...gammon with cabbage mash, carrots, and parsley sauce.

I am hearing...the heater, but it's still cold in here.
 
One of my favorite things...Call the Midwife and Mr. Selfridge, a double-header premiere last night - awesome!

I am reading...still nothing.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...consignment shop drop-off this morning and the last March Minimalism Game post, taking the car for an alignment tomorrow, Tidewater Collection board meeting on Wednesday, CORE planning committee meeting on Thursday followed by Sophia's riding lesson, thirty-one Celebrate & Connect meeting on Friday (preview of the new summer catalog), and working at the Tidewater Collection on Saturday.  Another busy week.

College Update...Sophia filed her taxes so I can finish the FAFSA.  Very happy to hear that Western Washington University will waive the difference between the in-state tuition and the out of state tuition because Sophia will not be considered a resident for her first year.

Volunteer Update...still need to narrow down my replacement and start training with her.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...work travel plans for Vic are still changing daily.

Remembering Mum on the UK's Mothering Sunday which was yesterday.  She always got to celebrate Mother's Day twice.

And...in case you were wondering...still no orders!

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment