Sunday, July 14, 2024

Christmas in July - Day Fourteen

 

We moved from Virginia to Rhode Island in 2007 and were there until 2012.  Our friend Janet from England came to visit in the summer, and we enjoyed lots of outings as we showed her around our local area.  One of our favorite trips during this time was to Boston and I picked up these two ornaments as mementos.  The first one is Make Way for Duckings, from the book by Robert McCloskey, and from the bronze statues in the Boston Public Garden.



The second ornament is from the Old North Church.  We took a bus tour of the city on the first day we were there - on one of the five hottest days in Boston that year - and on the second day of our visit, we walked the Freedom Trail.



I love to collect ornaments from the places we visit although it makes tree-decorating a very long process when I stop to remember the visit and the people we met or who were with us.

5 comments:

  1. What neat ornaments! You walked the whole Freedom Trail? Impressive! We were in Boston two summers ago, around this time of year, and I could not rally the troops to walk all of it, though we did walk part of it. The ornament of Old North Church is such a great keepsake from the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with reliving memories as I decorate the tree! We also loved the freedom trail and the Boston park with the ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do the same thing with collecting ornaments when we travel. I've walked the Freedom trail a couple of times; though I could not get my boys to the last stop on Bunker Hill (we went to Constitution first). We had made the mistake of stopping at every place and exploring inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too bring back ornaments when I go somewhere...so meaningful

    ReplyDelete