Thursday, May 2, 2024

Share Your Shelf - January through April 2024


There's a new link party in town, hosted by four of my favorite bloggers.  As I type this, I'm not sure what direction it will take me but for now, I'm going with books I've read in the first third of 2024 as it conveniently falls in that period.  If you've read my blog for any length of time, you'll know that my reading time used to be at lunch time and on the bus ride home from work.  Now that I'm not working, I've had a hard time picking a dedicated reading time so the number of books I've managed so far in 2024 is pretty low.  That being said, our morning room (also our library) is just about done, with comfy chairs perfect for a reading spot.  Spending time in there is my goal to up my reading game.

So far in 2024, I've read eight books.  I read a lot of the World War II genre, and I'll slip in a Danielle Steel when I want something quick and easy.  Anything with England in the story is a big hit and I usually have something going on my Kindle and Audible as well as a book from the library.  Several of the books I've read so far this year had quite surprising twists in the middle of the story that always makes you want more and some authors appeal to me and I go in search of their other works.

Hands down, my favorite author to date is Jennifer Robson, and I can't wait for her next book.

For the first third of 2024, my favorite book was The Room on Rue Amélie.  I loved The Book of Lost Names, and I'll be checking out some more of Kristin Harmel's books.

8 comments:

  1. I love Kristin Harmel's books! I really enjoyed The Women and Don't Forget to Write. So far I've found that both Kristin Hannah and Sara Goodman Confino write consistently good books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check out Jennifer Robson. Your new sun room sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read a lot of Danielle Steel books and I love the author Kristin Hannah. I will check out some of the other books you've read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice list! I read at night and am always seeking out new books and authors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Don't Forget To Write as well as The Women!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love Robson and Harmel too! You would absolutely love Underground Library that I read this month. I'll check out some of your other titles. Thanks so much for linking up with Share Your Shelf! Tanya - TheOtherSide-oftheRoad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you will have a cozy reading nook and thanks for linking up with us! I am going to check out Jennifer Robson's books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Kristen Hannah's writing too. As far as Kristen Harmel ( I like her too), I enjoyed her book The Winemaker's Wife. It's a WW2 story set in France. Your morning room sounds like a great spot!

    ReplyDelete