Friday, June 28, 2024

Friday Favorites

   

It's Friday, time for a few things I'm loving right now.

I had several comments about our convertible fridge/freezers.  They are from Home Depot and although we initially bought the 7 cubic feet models, we switched to the 11 cubic feet models because they had auto defrost (the 7 cu. ft. model did not).  Each one can be set to either fridge temperature or freezer temperature.




One day our garage will look like this!


I missed the anniversary last week of the release of The Parent Trap (June 21, 1961) - it featured in Wednesday Hodgepodge and Monthly Musings for a great summer movie.  The remake in 1998 was cute too.

Did you know that actress Joanna Barnes, who played Meredith's mother Vicki Blake in the 1998 remake also appeared in the 1961 film?  In the original movie, Barnes plays Vicky Robinson, the father's snobbish girlfriend.



Has anyone ever used a capsule wardrobe plan to travel? I love this post from LVOG for French inspired basic essentials.

2 comments:

  1. I have never done a capsule wardrobe per se but I have thought about mix and matching pieces when I travel. I have never seen the Parent Trap! Now I want to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love The Parent Trap! While the remake was good too I much prefer the original but did not pick up on the fact that Joanne Barnes was in both of them. How fun! I always say I am going to pack a capsule wardrobe for our trips but I never end up doing that. I do try to make sure that most of the bottoms I pack are neutral and can mix and match with the tops though (but that doesn't always happen either).

    ReplyDelete