Monday, June 24, 2024

Life Last Week - June 24, 2024


It's been a week with a little of this and a little of that.

On Monday, I called the dentist about my lost crown - they were able to schedule me for the following day which was awesome because we were getting together with friends on Wednesday.  The rest of the day was quiet, laundry and a general tidy up after the weekend.

A call from the dentist woke me up on Tuesday, they couldn't see me that day after all, my appointment was moved to Thursday.  Great, getting together with friends on Wednesday rocking the toothless hag look.  I'll have to keep my lips together as much as possible!  I consoled myself by booking our flights to Miami for our Hallmark Channel Christmas Cruise.  Vic was off so we ran to Subaru to pick up the carrier for Malone and then to Petsmart for treats, Costco for gas, and the commissary for a few groceries.  Tuesday evening was Malone's last dog training class.  He did pretty well, all four dogs walked a circuit with enough distance between them to make things chill until the last lap when Malone zoomed in on the dog in front and went into a barking episode.

On Wednesday we drove over to my former co-worker's house for a barbecue.  It was the Juneteenth holiday, so she was off as well as Vic.  She and her husband invited another couple from their old neighborhood, and we had a lovely afternoon getting to know each other and eating delicious food.

I headed off to the dentist on Thursday and Friday, just a quick let's take a look appointment on Thursday and back on Friday for a longer appointment to put in a temporary crown.  Not much else either day but I noticed that the house was warmer than it should be, so I called the HVAC people to come out to check it out.  They came Saturday and replaced two fuses, and all is well cool chez nous now.  Thank goodness because it was warm this weekend.  Vic started working on the electrical outlets in the kitchen (one side hasn't worked since the kitchen remodel, who knows what the contractor left undone because it wouldn't be the first thing we've found) while I went to lunch with the Lunch Bunch.


Vic has to cut into the drywall, run new electrical wire up through the attic, and then make everything look new again.  My prime rib dip sandwich was delicious.

That evening, after a cooking disaster, some things just don't turn out the way you expect they will, we grabbed a takeaway and continued our Grey's Anatomy marathon.

I started Duolingo's French course and it's going well.  Fifteen minutes a day and I hope to parler français comme un natif d’ici le printemps prochain (speak French like a native by next spring!).


We got up early enough to make the first service on Sunday, and picked up a pecan pie from a couple in our small group because Vic fixed their oven last week.  After church, we stopped at the Olalla Bay Market for bagels and lox and then ran to Target.


The tide was out but the view was lovely


Oops!  Selfie fail, cut off Vic's head!


Yummy lox and bagel breakfast


Such a cute little market with the deck to the side

Home for Vic to continue with the electrical work in the kitchen and I did some laundry since I'll be out of the house most of the day tomorrow.

And that was life last week!

4 comments:

  1. We had unexpected take out on Thursday after I tried a new recipe that no one liked... it just was not even edible as far as I was concerned with a really, really strong garlic aftertaste so we each only made it one or 2 bites in before deciding to have my husband pick up dinner instead! Glad your tooth is temporarily fixed and yay for booking your flights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a really productive week. I'm glad you got the crown fixed and the A/C too! You live in such a scenic area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good week overall! Glad your tooth is being fixed and how fun to buy your plane tickets! Your cruise sounds delightful. I think your selfie is good- I didn´t notice part of Vic´s head was out of the shot. I tend to just notice faces :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a good week (not taking into account the tooth ache and the defective a/c and electrical outlet). I love lox bagels.

    ReplyDelete