Tuesday, June 25, 2024

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #171

 


Post is going up late, so I'll be brief.  I waited for a photo from this evening's State Banquet for the Japanese royals, Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako.  Absent from the banquet were the Princess of Wales and The Princess Royal who is in hospital with minor injuries and a concussion after a horse-related incident.


After the official welcome earlier today, the royals traveled by coach to Buckingham Palace.  I was surprised to see the Empress wearing a mask until I read that she is allergic to horse hair.  The Japanese royals continue their visit tomorrow and will also visit Oxford University, where they both studied, before returning to Japan.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered about the mask and thought she might have an allergy since the rest of the photos were mask free. Great post. Sophie looked incredible at the state dinner.

    ReplyDelete