Monday, June 17, 2024

Life Last Week - June 17, 2024


I haven't posted a Life Last Week for a month - it seems like there's always a link party on Monday that trumps it.  Anyway, here goes.

Monday was a finance day - I prepaid the gratuities for our cruise next spring (I know, I know, 300+ days to go but just wanted it out of the way).  Vic got an amended offer for his new job after HR reviewed his resume and ruled that he really does have a LOT of experience - yay! - and then I loaded money onto Netflix for the year ahead.  I don't do the monthly billing to my credit card as I've had two fraud issues with Netflix and decided this was the easier way to deal with it.

Tuesday began the almost week-long saga with Home Depot.  I bought two upright fridge/freezers (they can be either a fridge or a freezer) on May 14 which were delivered on May 24, both damaged, and picked up on May 29.  I've been waiting for a credit to my account since then.  Twice I've received an e-mail from Home Depot saying there's a letter regarding the dispute in my account documents but there's no letter so I don't know what resolution they determined.  A phone call got me nowhere, so I ended up going to the store to speak to customer service and it probably took them all of five minutes to process the refund.  Note to self:  Skip the phone and e-mail, go talk to a human.  Tuesday night was lesson 5 of 6 for Malone's dog training.  He's doing really well; I just wish that behavior would be the same on our neighborhood walks.  Can't remember if I shared this photo already so either here he is or here he is again.


Wednesday was a quiet day, my bi-weekly Zoom with my scrapbook pal, Jodie, was cancelled and rescheduled.

Thursday was errands day - bank, post office, DMV, Michaels, commissary, Costco for gas, and then to Safelite to get a chip repaired in my windshield.  I love that you can just file a windshield claim on the insurance company's app and schedule the appointment.

Friday was mani-pedi day - my fave polish, In Stiches by Essie, for toes but just a buff for fingers because I broke two very far down and just had my manicurist file them all down so we can start again.  Photo of how they looked in better days.  The ridge on my thumb is from jamming my finger in a cabinet, the nail has never grown back properly.


Hallmark released the Christmas in July movie line-up which I shared in my Friday Favorites.  We were going to go to the movies to see Firebrand with Jude Law, but our local theater is not carrying it, so we went out to dinner instead.  Photo fail.

Vic headed off to the men's breakfast at church on Saturday and I took a shower and got ready to head out with him to the Medieval Faire.  It was freezing and the cash line was not moving at all and when the rain came, we decided to give it a miss this year.  We ran to Costco and then home.  I lost a crown while eating a sandwich - I'll spare you the photo of my toothless hag look because it's right near the front.  Will call the dentist first thing Monday morning.

Father's Day and we had reservations for afternoon tea in Seattle.  I would have cancelled but it was too late to get a refund, so I just tried not to open my lips very far as I was so self-conscious.  We rated this tea 6/10 - there was soup (again!) and fresh fruit (no, no, no!) and the food was just average.  The Fairmont in Seattle and Victoria are still the front runners.  They KNOW how to do afternoon tea.


Happy Father's Day, darling, and the look on my face when I saw soup on the afternoon tea menu lol!


Food was just meh and for $72 each it was a disappointment.  I know I'm super critical, but we have had some amazing afternoon teas.

And that's a wrap for last week.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite a productive week! I am intrigued by an appliance that can be a freezer or refrigerator- this I have never heard of. Glad you got your credit issued and learned a lesson. Sorry about losing a crown and towards the front- ugh- not fun to feel self conscious but I have been there before (not with that particular issue but just in general). The food for the tea looks good but that is a high price and when you have certain standards, it does stink when they are not met. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! What a drama with Home Depot!
    Aww! Malone really is a beauty! I love that nail colour, so pretty!
    That is a shame that the weather wasn't great for the Medieval Faire and the afternoon tea wasn't great. For the price you paid you would expect better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry to hear about your tooth. Glad you finally managed to get everything squared away with Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so true about it being more productive to talk in person. I have done that with banking...tried to work it out on the phone, and just decided to go to a branch to discuss. What a nightmare with the crown. Hopefully it will be an easy fix! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete