Monday, January 22, 2024

Hello Monday - January 22, 2024

 

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.

Vic started ten days' leave on Friday - it's so nice to have him home and out came the honey to-do list!  

We started off by heading to my manicure/pedicure appointment.  I'm so happy when he can drop me off as the parking in that area is such a madhouse.  It worked out well for Vic because he got a phone call shortly after I sat in the pedicure chair and spent all the time I was there chatting to an old friend.

I chose my old favorite, Essie's In Stitches, for my toes and just opted for a buff on my fingernails as two were quite short and so my manicurist filed them all to about the same length and I'll go for color next time.


We headed to Costco to get gas and to Trader Joe's for a few supplies and then stopped at the naval hospital on the way home for Vic to pick up his separation physical packet.  It's getting real!

Saturday was a pretty lazy day - it was pouring again, it poured all weekend - so I worked on some scrapbooking and Vic finished up copying his dental record and did some computer work.

I also popped out for lunch with my Lunch Bunch group.  We went to Red Lobster and that was tough to be Whole 30 faithful but I opted for grilled shrimp and a plain baked potato.  It was lovely to see everyone as we haven't been together since November, or maybe it was even October.

Vic worked at my scrapbook desk on the title page "Adventures in Washington" for the album I'll be working on at the retreat.  He's so good with anything precise, I know the title will be perfectly centered.


We moved the big TV out of the guest room and into the morning room.  Vic was waiting for an anti-static bag so he could send the main circuit off for repair.  We're clearing the guest room so that he can start detexturing the walls.  It has been a storage room (in the UK, we'd call that a box room, a place to store anything and everything) and it's time to make it into a guest room.

We went to church on Sunday - worship included one of my favorite songs, I was humming it all day.


We also signed up for The Marriage Course which looks like it will be interesting and I'm sure full of helpful hints.


The rest of Sunday was pretty quiet.  Vic changed up the spinach-stuffed salmon to be spinach-stuffed chicken and used the frozen chopped spinach I'd picked up on Saturday.  It was a fail, fresh spinach is the way to go!

And that's my usual photo-light Hello Monday - must.remember.to.take.more.photos!  Have a great week, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. My nails are all plain right now too; I feel like they need a bit of time to rest and repair after always having them painted for so long. Plus each time I go to do them one of them breaks... Go you for keeping up the whole foods eating even when going out; that has got to be so hard at some restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Vic helping with the scrapbook. In the first few years of marriage, Michael and I used to work on photo album (informal scrapbooks - not as pretty as yours) together. It was really fun! I also love the nail color and the worship song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that nail polish color AND the fact that your hubby scrapbooks- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a great weekend! I love that pretty color that you shared; I haven't heard of that one before. I think it's sweet that you and Vic can run errands together, and how nice that he helped you with your scrapbook title! So, I didn't realize you were a military family...I'd love to hear more about that life, if you're ever in need of content inspiration. I've always been fascinated with military life since I've never experienced it myself. That's amazing that you're doing so well on the Whole 30, or whatever it's called. I know that's not easy! Thanks for sharing your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the catch up! I couldn't remember when Vic's scheduled separation date is, so I went back through old posts to look for it. Got distracted by how many posts I had missed in November and December! How did that happen? I eventually forgot I was looking for retirement date when I got interested in the 30-day declutter. LOL Do you have a link for the declutter schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hyacinth Bouquet so had to visit (from Hello Monday). Enjoyed reading about your weekend. I'm amazed your husband helps with scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete