Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 536

 From this Side of the Pond

1. January 29th is National Puzzle Day. Do you enjoy puzzles? What kind (crossword, jigsaw, sudoku, etc)?  How often do you work a puzzle? 

It's been forever since I've done a puzzle.  I had a Peanuts Christmas puzzle that I always intended to bring out at the holidays but it never happened.  It ended up going to the charity shop.  I enjoy word search puzzles and have a small book on my desk.  If I'm watching a video, I will usually knock one out.

2. Something you currently find 'puzzling'? 

Are we really going to have a Presidential race between Donald Trump and Joe Biden?  No judgement, no opinion, just an observation.

3. What's your go-to dish to take to someone who needs a meal (new baby, bereavement, etc)? 

First of all, something in a dish that does not have to be returned!  I usually make lasagna and pair it with some bread and a bagged salad.  It can be frozen easily if it won't be eaten in the next few days.

4. Do you watch any HGTV and/or The Food Network? If so, what's your favorite program there? 

We love HGTV - Love It or List It is our favorite and we were slightly addicted to Chopped on The Food Network until they had the episode with chicken in a can, gross!  Then there was this during COVID:

5.  Wrap up your January in five words, with a five word phrase, or with a five word sentence. 

Eat less, feel better, yay!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

This looks interesting:


It's a war romantic drama from 2015, available to rent or buy on Amazon .  It popped up on my Facebook, I'd never heard of it but it looks like something I would enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Pamlea, I have not watched Chopped in a long time. Hubby and I just finished The Crown and now we are watching the Chosen. I watched all of Call the Midwife this past fall and just got the books from Amazon. I like your phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat so much during January!! I think it is the weather; at least that is what I blame it on. Need to put your phrase on my refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the book Suite Francaise...will have to see if this show is based on that. Re: your #2...for real! Or maybe I should say 'unreal'. And I do have opinions and judgements about it lol. I like love it or list it too. Chopped has gotten a little weird. I wish they'd pick ingredients that are challenging, but that people would actually want to eat too. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty much my "go to" meal for bringing to others too! We were just talking about the very real possibility of your #2 answer last night... it seems unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I play way too much Sudoku and word games on my phone. Regarding #2: ditto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to taking food to people in need of a meal in throw away containers instead of them having to track you down to return a dish. Life is going to be interesting to say the least in this election year. That chopped gif is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree for #2. The movie suggestion sounds interesting. I just looked it up and you can watch it for free on Tubi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good point about taking a meal to someone in a dish that doesn't need to be returned! I always try to do that too! My husband and I joke that dinner at our place is like an episode of Chopped at least three nights a week. haha. My dishes never turn out as good as those on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For # 2 - yes. The answer is yes. I just wish there was another option. And I actually LIKE Trump. But still. Can we get someone a little younger?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your answers. I like those shows as well.

    ReplyDelete