Saturday, January 27, 2024

Share 4 Somethings - January 2024

 

A quick post this Saturday morning to link up with Jennifer at Overflowing with Thankfulness for Share 4 Somethings.  This month, we're sharing some things we've loved and/or disliked, accomplished, some things we've improved upon and/or that need improvement, and noticed.

Loved/Disliked

Loved the rain.  Mum and I loved rainy days, my Uncle Jack (Mum's brother) always said we must have been ducks in a former life!  There's just something warm and cozy about being inside with a cup of tea when it's raining outside.  The memory of these times with her is so precious.


A rainy day at home - not sure if you can tell but believe me, it was coming down!

I really dislike people who link up with a post or two or three that has NOTHING to do with a link party.  I think it's so rude and disrespectful.  Maybe I'm making too much of the issue?

Accomplished

26 days of the Whole 30 and still going strong.  The finish line is within sight.  See "Noticed" below.

Improved Upon/Needs Improvement

Our sugar consumption.  Going sugar-free for 30 days taught us the importance of reading EVERY label.  Seriously, who puts sugar in beef stock or in Costco's chilled shrimp?

Noticed

This - not to this extreme (yet) but progress is being made.


Do you have 4 Somethings to share?

6 comments:

  1. Agree about the link parties- it is really odd... and yes, a little rude. Just publish your not having anything to do with the link party post on its own- how difficult is that? I am not doing Whole30 but have foregone sugar this month (though I am taking a pause this weekend for my daughter´s birthday!) and I can see a difference in how my clothes are fitting. YAH! Congrats to you for sticking to Whole30 this month and seeing results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for sticking to the Whole 30 and seeing progress! We've had lots of rainy days lately, and I'm not mad about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Ultra Processed People and it talks so much about all the hidden sugars and food additives... a huge reason why I try so hard to limit our processed foods (but it's not easy!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view out of your home is beautiful! I love seeing a glimpse of where you live, thanks for sharing that! I'm so glad you linked up with us today, and I hope your weekend has been off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the link parties. I used to host Hello Monday, and I got pretty frustrated with it. Luckily, I haven't had much trouble with that and the Prime Purchases link up. I love all the trees in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree about random links and unassociated links to a link parrty. Don't get it. And I don't get adding sugar to just anything! You really do have to read the labels. Congrats on all your progress!!

    ReplyDelete