Friday, June 5, 2015

5 on Friday


1. Woo Hoo! Gainful employment is, hopefully, just around the corner.  I finally received all my paperwork yesterday, filled it all out, and sent it right back.

2. We're off to pick up Load II of Sophia's stuff today.  It's going to be a beautiful day so it will be a nice drive.  MudLynn's pretty excited that she gets to go for a ride in the car too!

3. I'm a bit obsessed with the WI (Women's Institute) at the moment.  It started with Calendar Girls, then grew with Jambusters, and now my Facebook feed is full of news of the Centenary. Any WI members out there?

4. Picked up two new Essie nail polishes yesterday that I'm looking forward to trying - Ballet Slippers and In Stitches.  After being an OPI devotee for years, I tried an Essie polish and really liked it.

5. Aloha Bunco is coming next week with the Navy Wives.  Time to break out your Hawaiian shirts, leis, coconut bras, tiki torches, and pū-pūs!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week. Hope you have a good weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you today. Was watching Dr. Oz, and he had guests on discussing The Whole 30. I STILL have not climbed back on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Essie, too, I think the formula is much better than OPI. My friend's mum recently went to a garden party at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the centenary of the WI (she was the representative for her local group), and happened to be presented to the Countess of Wessex, and said 'I've went to a barbecue at your cousin's house recently' (our Easter Sunday party, which I blogged about). She and Sophie apparently then had quite a long chat, and Sophie asked after us all, which was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just re-read my comment. 'I've went ...' What is wrong with me?!!!!!

      Delete