Monday, June 29, 2015

Life Last Week 2015-25


Bests

1. Seeing an old friend - I mentioned briefly in 5 on Friday that my friend Cecilia and her family were touring all 50 states over a number of years and this year it was Idaho, Oregon, Alaska, and Washington. It was so wonderful to see her - we were last together ten years ago but it was like we had never been apart.  I LOVE friendships like that.

2. A relatively painless mammogram and a letter in the mail saying that all is well. They must have made some improvements to the machine in the last year, or I had a better Radiology Tech than in the past.


3. I'm back on the Whole 30 and doing very well. It could have something to do with the blisteringly hot temperatures we've been having - all I want to do is drink water. Looking forward to continuing on with Vic and the new barbecue we plan to get. Lots of grilled meats, fish, and veggies, keeping the heat of cooking outside.

4. A fabulous day out with the Ladies of Leisure. We traveled to the local Joint Forces base (an Army base and an Air Force combined into one) and shopped two thrift stores, the Post Exchange (was hoping to see some different brands from our Navy Exchange but no luck), Hobby Lobby, and a quick stop at Costco to pick up Sophia's vacuum. I even managed a Whole 30 lunch...Cobb salad, please, no bacon, no blue cheese, no dressing.

5. Hobby Lobby yielded another best...Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming...ok, Christmas in July is coming. It's time to try out a few new crafts, whip up a few new recipes, and have lots of Christmas-y natters with fellow Christmas lovers. I know...we're crazy!

The aisles at Hobby Lobby
Worsts

1. Did I say blisteringly hot temperatures? Ugh, the Pacific Northwest is not the place to be when temperatures soar above 75 degrees - houses are not air conditioned. Let the cold showers begin.

2. Saying goodbye to a friend who is moving to the East Coast. I hate that part of military life.

3. No #3 this week - #1 and #2 were enough.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas? Oh my goodness, I need to go and lie down in a darkened room!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered two gifts for my son-in-law this week. One for his birthday later this month. The other is to replace his favorite lunch box when it bites the dust. I've already mended it for him once. I'm hoping the mend holds till Christmas so the one just ordered can go under the tree and put me one up on my gift list.

    ReplyDelete