Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 223


1. What's something you're looking forward to in the month of June?

Sophia will have finished another year at university and will be home (off & on) during the summer. She's working as a Wrangler at a Girl Scout camp nearby so I anticipate that she will be home in between sessions (unless staying with the horses is more enticing - of course it is!).

2. In what way have you come full circle?

Maybe because I'm going back to work full-time after not having done that for ten years?

3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?

Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA

I've been to Western South Dakota (August 2014 - Mount Rushmore, Badlands, Custer State Park, Crazy Horse Memorial) and loved the area.  We toyed with adding that area to our list of possible retirement spots but it gets pretty cold there.  I've been to Oakland CA briefly - when I lived in San Francisco, we went to dinner in Oakland, and I've been around the Mount Shasta Region as I have family in northern California so you can see Mount Shasta from many areas there. I'd like to go to North Conway NH.  One site I Googled called it a Four Season Vacation Wonderland.  We never made it to New Hampshire when we lived in Rhode Island and I'd love to visit.

4. A song that describes your mood right now?

"Happy" by Pharrell Williams - I'm happy with just about everything in life right now.

5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine...your favorite?

Nothing beats strawberries right off the vine à la Wimbledon style - a sprinkling of sugar and a dash of cream.

6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare (Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) or The Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?

The Ant and the Grasshopper - I'm well-prepared for all the paperwork that will come with my new job.

7. The answer is yes...what's the question?

"Have you failed miserably on the healthy eating and exercise front?" Unfortunately, a resounding YES.  However, that must be followed by one of my favorite quotes, "Tomorrow is another day".

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I may be well-prepared for what my new job will entail but I just wish they would get on with the process of getting me onboard. Working for the Federal Government is not for the impatient! Here's hoping that by the time this is up on my blog, I will have heard something...anything!

4 comments:

  1. Our friends, neighbors, co-workers have been wining and dining us as we prepare to move. I told my hubs we've got to go before I put on some pounds! Too much eating out! Good luck with your new job : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually loved Custard Last Stand. It was so eerie. My dad and I still comment about that trip! It was one of our favorites. I am with you on failure of eating and exercising. I will take your philosophy…tomorrow is another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and I love the song "Happy." And I don't think anything with the Federal Government is ever easy! LOL Good luck and enjoy your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your daughter and good luck with the job.

    ReplyDelete