Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 225



1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What's your favorite something pink?

Anything small and soft for a baby girl. Sophia had some lovely little pink outfits when she was a baby. My favorite designer is Hanna Andersson; her baby clothes are lovely.

2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least?

Most - Having gym class indoors when it was raining - it was always ballroom dancing and such a riot. Least - I went to school in England and did not enjoy wearing the microscopic PE skirt whilst playing hockey in the winter - brrrrr!

3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?

Homecomings - most Navy ships arrange for a shipment of roses to be delivered as the ship is approaching the pier after a deployment so the sailors can give them to their loved ones. Vic has always greeted me with a long-stemmed red rose.

4. Do you prefer to read or write?

That's a tough one - I love to write (or type as it often is these days) - I enjoy letting my fingers fly over the keyboard, spilling out thoughts and goals and dreams into a blog post, or in a letter to a friend. I also enjoy curling up with a good book so it's hard to chose one over the other.

5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, 'Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.' Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?

Don't they call them the Lazy Days of Summer? I'm not sure how lazy I'll be able to be with a new job to occupy my time although the thought of a leisurely brunch on the waterfront followed by time spent with Vic sounds lovely. We are both so busy, we deserve a little lazy time.

6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast...which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?

The theme parks - my family loves Disney and a trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando is high on the list of places we'd like to go. Next summer, perhaps?

7. What question do you hate to answer?

Why does God let bad things happen?

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Christmas in July is coming and I am busy getting my posts ready to go (in anticipation of hopefully starting work sometime in July). My pins on Pinterest are leading me all over the Web as one after another amazing site offers all the glory of things that are red, green, blue, gold, and silver. I have enough ideas to decorate a hundred trees...and mantels...and front doors...and banisters...and tables...and so much more!

3 comments:

  1. I've never been to the Keys and would love to visit them one day and do nothing but to hang on the beaches.
    I agree with your #7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things I want to comment on with regard to this post.

    First...the roses and the sailors' homecomings...such a beautiful picture you painted in my mind.

    Second, I really like the way you worded your answer for #4: "I enjoy letting my fingers fly over the keyboard, spilling out thoughts and goals and dreams into a blog post, or in a letter to a friend"

    I echo your sentiments exactly!

    Third...Harry Potter World...

    Hubby and I went to Universal during Spring Break (I'm a teacher) and had a BLAST! He's not into HP, but he indulged my whims, rode the train back and forth more than once...helped me recover after getting sick on the castle ride (beware...the 3D animation will kill your sense of balance of you're prone to motion sickness)...and in general let me be a kid during that week. So much fun!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely things with the roses on homecomings. OMG mentioning Christmas before we even get to July lol. You're giving me a panic attack - I'm always so last minute with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete