Friday, July 3, 2015

5 on Friday


1. Love my new barbecue - we decided to go with a smaller one since it's usually just Vic and I at home. Last night's dinner of grilled asparagus, mushrooms, and steak was amazing.

Char-Broil Patio Bistro Infrared Gas Grill
2. Cleaning up my sidebar so I'm saying goodbye to a few badges - first, Blogging from A to Z April Challenge (2015) Survivor. Although I enjoyed the A to Z Challenge of posting everyday about my Washington theme, the challenge was overwhelming. There were over 1500+ bloggers participating and since not everyone followed the rule of posting their category (LI for Lifestyle was mine) along with their blog title, I found myself making the rounds to blogs in which I had absolutely no interest. I did, however, find a couple of bloggers whose blogs I enjoyed and I am thrilled to have gained a few new followers from the challenge. Will I participate again? I don't think so.


3. Secondly, Grow Your Blog 2015 - again, another rather large group of bloggers but they were separated into groups by number of followers which was nice because you could visit the lesser-followed blogs first to help them grow their readership. I also loved that our hostess, Vicki, asked everyone to "introduce yourself, tell us who you are and why your love to blog.  If your blog pertains to a specific interest or area - tell us all about that. In short - we would all like to know what drives you create your blog." Although I found that many of the blogs were crafty, I, as with the A to Z, found some blogs that I really enjoyed and a few found my blog interesting so it was a winner all around. Will I participate again? Maybe.


4. Graduations, Get Well, Sympathy, Happy Birthday - there's been a rash of occasions and events lately and I made a trip to Hallmark to restock my card supply. So nice to get a card in the mail when you're celebrating a special day, or need a cheery note when you're going through a tough time. Do you still send cards through the mail?

5. And finally, I'm saying goodbye to 5 on Friday. I noticed recently that the blog where I found the meme hasn't been updated since April so there's not much point in posting the badge with the link. I am having a hard time keeping 5 on Friday and Life Last Week separate and rather than keeping repeating myself and boring you all to tears, I'll just focus on Life Last Week.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm last night's dinner sounds very tasty! Yeah A to Z was definitely a new and good experience, but I'm not so sure I could do it again. Thanks so much for putting me on your blog list, that's so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner is exactly the same as we are having this evening! I'm really looking forward to it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner does sound great!!
    I still try to send cards in the mail. People email now, because it's instant, but I think people love to have a pretty card to hold and look at over and over!

    ReplyDelete