Thursday, July 2, 2015

Christmas in July 2015 - Day Two

Continuing on with the Color theme, today our spotlight is on Blue and Silver. I think it's a very elegant combination.
Christmas Tree with Criss-Crossed Ribbon
It's a bit more Turquoise and Silver than the Royal Blue and Silver that is featured in many of the pictures to come but isn't it beautiful?  I was so happy to see that the link led not only to the actual post, but to the directions to recreate such a masterpiece.

My mirror accent today is a frame, but it could just as easily be used for a mirror.


In the "let's get busy with our crafts" period before the holidays, craft stores are overflowing with the glitter word art such as Noel, sprays of silver leaves, ribbons, and round ornaments. This frame seems like a relatively easy project. In my search for mirrors/frames, I also came across this awesome tip for hanging things.

Lemonade's post on Mini Wreaths uses 3M Command Hooks creatively
Tablescape searches led me to this gorgeous setting. It came from this post, Winter Wonderland Wedding Inspiration, but I loved everything about it if you're going to move away from red, green, and gold. If you scroll through the photos, you can see what they have done for the chair decor and place cards. I love those chargers with the glass beads around the edge.


This tablescape has more country cottage charm but is also lovely.
Blue Christmas Decorating Ideas - I have to say that this Pinterest photo look me to the aforementioned link where the photo credit says Pinterest.com - not sure about that one!
On to centerpieces and I just couldn't choose between these three so here they all are.

From Etsy and still available along with some variations
Another take on yesterday's glass bowl, ornaments, etc., but this one was so Winter Wonderland-like, I couldn't not show you the photo.

Number two is another Etsy offering but unfortunately, this one is no longer available.


And finally, a super easy centerpiece to put together - just grab a mirror tile, a glass cylinder, some wine glasses, bits and bobs of blue decorations, and a few votives - all things you should have on the decorating side of your entertaining closet. (Bonus points if you actually have an entertaining closet!)

Blue & Silver Winter Wonderland Centerpieces - an annoying link since I can't really read anything about the item without having to join their site - I thought the $100 price was ridiculous but by flipping back and forth a dozen times, I was able to determine that price is for 14 sets like this and they are used (votives have "plenty of burn time left") - creative way to re-use wedding decorations, just re-sell them!
Wreaths - I thought this was an interest piece of decor - a Hanukkah wreath. Hanukkah + wreath, isn't that an oxymoron? Anyway, replace the Star of David ribbon and remove the dreidels and you've got a blue and silver wreath. 

Another link that doesn't take you to the specific item and I didn't feel like scrolling through seven pages to find it
A blue and silver color combination makes lovely cards.

Snow Swirled Christmas - I loved that this link takes you right to the supplies needed to make this card
Less is More - with unfortunately, less details than I would have liked
Time to rummage through your closet - this outfit would be perfect for a casual get-together with friends.

Blue and silver - the posting is over a year old so I'm not sure how many of the links still take you to the stockists
If you're not busy working on that Noel mirror/frame idea, or putting together one of the centerpieces, here's a craft project for you.

They are no longer available from The Groovy Zoo but Pinterest is all about giving us ideas, right?
And finally, kick off your shoes and pour yourself a Blue Christmas (also called a Royal Blue) - Combine 1 cup Vodka or Rum, 1 cup white cranberry juice, 2 ounces blue curacao (1/4 cup), and 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice in a shaker with ice cubes, strain, and enjoy.
Part of the Blue Christmas post

7 comments:

  1. So many pretties! The one thing about Pinterest that is driving me a little bit crazy lately is when so many of the links I like take me to join-to-view sites. Aarrgh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a pain. That and links that lead to invalid sites.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I particularly like the frame project, I think I'll try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my style but I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete