Monday, July 27, 2015
Life Last Week 2015-29
1. WORK! Orientation, training, met my new supervisor and mentor/trainer, met my new boss, familiarized myself with my new office and the crew, got my ID badge, rode the bus back and forth to work (no driving and no parking), got my new hard hat...what a great week! Totally new environment for me, industrial, but I am loving it!
2. Sophia came home for the weekend and brought a friend. We checked out a house (see #3), went out to lunch, and had fun with the Navy Wives at game night.
3. Our number finally came up on the base housing list and the house is minutes away (walking) from my new office. It's a bit smaller than we wanted but it will work out. Just a few questions to ask the housing office when they open this morning and we'll have a final answer!
4. Heard from Vic several times during the week as he checked in with me to see how work was going and then a longer conversation on Friday as the ship's major inspection was over with great results. Everybody's happy!
5. Two new tenant applications received so far so it looks like we will have a smooth transition at our rental property. That is great news.
1. With a week like that, I can't think of a single bad thing to say.